Last night I wasted an hour of my life watching an episode of SyFy’s ‘Defiance.’ Don’t repeat my mistake. Here’s everything you need to know about the show: imagine the B-team of writers from ‘Law & Order: SVU’ was assigned to ripoff ‘Deadwood,’ but IN THE FUTURE! That’s ‘Defiance’: shallow stereotypes masquerading as characters with a “plot” that consists of one dramatic stand-off after the next. You know a show doesn’t respect its audience when it consists entirely (every scene!) of cliffhangers. The only good thing about this show is the cut of Gale Hammond’s suit, which somehow makes sleezy-politician-cum-jazz-player look elvish.
- RT @HayatNorimine: Still on the city council public hearing. Many commenters opposed to amendments on Airbnb legislation and urging the cit… 6 days ago
- Passerby calls tents an "Okie camp," a term for poor immigrants from Oklahoma et al in Western towns during the gre… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- City doesn't have shelter beds available for 2 campers who are ready to come inside but want to stay together twitter.com/CaseyJaywork/s… 6 days ago
- Passing driver leans out window, yells "get the fuck out of here," apparently at campers twitter.com/CaseyJaywork/s… 6 days ago
- .@CMMikeOBrien, btw, sent a staffer to today's sweep, who is now working on helping one of the campers twitter.com/CaseyJaywork/s… 6 days ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.