Last night I wasted an hour of my life watching an episode of SyFy’s ‘Defiance.’ Don’t repeat my mistake. Here’s everything you need to know about the show: imagine the B-team of writers from ‘Law & Order: SVU’ was assigned to ripoff ‘Deadwood,’ but IN THE FUTURE! That’s ‘Defiance’: shallow stereotypes masquerading as characters with a “plot” that consists of one dramatic stand-off after the next. You know a show doesn’t respect its audience when it consists entirely (every scene!) of cliffhangers. The only good thing about this show is the cut of Gale Hammond’s suit, which somehow makes sleezy-politician-cum-jazz-player look elvish.
- RT @EugeniaStonecr1: @bluetucker @chrislhayes Wonder no more. The Koch donor network will give GOP $400M for 2018 *only if ACA is repealed*… 3 hours ago
- RT @jimmykimmel: If you too are disappointed in Sen @BillCassidy #GrahamCassidy let them know it - call (202) 224-3121 https://t.co/eswlh6B… 3 hours ago
- RT @stevemiletich: FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages seattletimes.com/seattle-news/c… via @se… 5 hours ago
- RT @AaronBurkhalter: @RealChangeNews Vendors Of The Year Donald Morehead and Jen Tibbits. https://t.co/58x4NVM72u 10 hours ago
- “We will have a Europe, in 2050, where the bank notes have Adolf Hitler" nyti.ms/2jHXEsT via @nytvideo 15 hours ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.