Last night I wasted an hour of my life watching an episode of SyFy’s ‘Defiance.’ Don’t repeat my mistake. Here’s everything you need to know about the show: imagine the B-team of writers from ‘Law & Order: SVU’ was assigned to ripoff ‘Deadwood,’ but IN THE FUTURE! That’s ‘Defiance’: shallow stereotypes masquerading as characters with a “plot” that consists of one dramatic stand-off after the next. You know a show doesn’t respect its audience when it consists entirely (every scene!) of cliffhangers. The only good thing about this show is the cut of Gale Hammond’s suit, which somehow makes sleezy-politician-cum-jazz-player look elvish.
- RT @BrentNYT: "Legal Lynching": The African-American civil rights attorney Bryan Stevenson on the terror of facing death by cop. https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @ajplus: This Border Patrol raid on a humanitarian aid camp shows how enforcement is changing in the southern Arizona desert. https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @Evan_McMullin: Some of us are so politically polarized that even the suggestion of civility inspires anger. 1 day ago
- RT @AriBerman: Sunday is 4th anniversary of Supreme Court decision gutting Voting Rights Act. Here’s what’s happened since then https://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @UR_Ninja: Climate civil disobedience action has occupied & shut down large coal facility at the Port of #Amsterdam https://t.co/PyHaKl7… 1 day ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.