If you’re connected to Seattle Central Community College in any way, please sign this petition demanding that its President assign a neutral faculty as chair of the Publications Board which supervises student publications. (You can read the extremely shady history of the Publications Board here.) Right now, the very administrators upon whom the Central Circuit is supposed to be keeping watch have direct oversight authority over the Circuit, which is a near-literal instance of foxes guarding a hen-house. The only thing that can protect a free and independent student press at Seattle Central is public pressure, which comes directly from readers like you.
- RT @bykenarmstrong: A "four-decades-long failed experiment," prosecutor Dan Satterberg calls the death penalty, saying Washington's law "is… 19 hours ago
- RT @jseattle: Now that’s a crowd #seawomensmarch https://t.co/y9eZqG9ild 2 days ago
- RT @Olystand: Olympia Stand 3.0? When will it happen? They are still shipping fracking proppants out of the Port of Olympia. Are you ready… 2 days ago
- RT @HayatNorimine: Can ICE come to the Women’s March? A quick guide to sensitive locations and how advocates protect undocumented immigrant… 2 days ago
- RT @ajplus: BREAKING: Democrats in Congress blocked passage of a last-minute spending bill to keep the government open. At midnight EST the… 2 days ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.