If you’re connected to Seattle Central Community College in any way, please sign this petition demanding that its President assign a neutral faculty as chair of the Publications Board which supervises student publications. (You can read the extremely shady history of the Publications Board here.) Right now, the very administrators upon whom the Central Circuit is supposed to be keeping watch have direct oversight authority over the Circuit, which is a near-literal instance of foxes guarding a hen-house. The only thing that can protect a free and independent student press at Seattle Central is public pressure, which comes directly from readers like you.
- RT @georgetownmike: Punk Rock Flea Market weekend #seattle https://t.co/Bo8ChTs2yt 12 hours ago
- RT @KUOW: These climate activists are done playing nice bit.ly/2pJXjYV 12 hours ago
- RT @pewresearch: Most of the United States’ 11.1 million unauthorized immigrants live in just 20 major metropolitan areas https://t.co/h1Rq… 12 hours ago
- Nevertheless, He Persisted: Tales of Masculine Perseverance - McSweeney’s Internet Tendency mcsweeneys.net/articles/never… 16 hours ago
- Most Christians believe that Christians in America are victims of discrimination: theatlantic.com/politics/archi… 16 hours ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.