If you’re connected to Seattle Central Community College in any way, please sign this petition demanding that its President assign a neutral faculty as chair of the Publications Board which supervises student publications. (You can read the extremely shady history of the Publications Board here.) Right now, the very administrators upon whom the Central Circuit is supposed to be keeping watch have direct oversight authority over the Circuit, which is a near-literal instance of foxes guarding a hen-house. The only thing that can protect a free and independent student press at Seattle Central is public pressure, which comes directly from readers like you.
- RT @MRSC_WA: Study finds marijuana dispensaries aren’t magnets for crime. presstelegram.com/article/201707… 8 hours ago
- RT @seattleweekly: Here is the difference between the Fremont landmark and the Confederate monument in Lake View Cemetery. https://t.co/O4o… 8 hours ago
- Who are the antifa? wapo.st/2uOh2oW?tid=ss… 9 hours ago
- RT @Harpers: "It is an interesting and somewhat macabre parlor game [to] speculate who in a showdown would go Nazi." https://t.co/WmJm7Vx… 9 hours ago
- RT @nke_ise: If you have ever had a problem grasping the importance of diversity in tech and its impact on society, watch this video https:… 10 hours ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.