If you’re connected to Seattle Central Community College in any way, please sign this petition demanding that its President assign a neutral faculty as chair of the Publications Board which supervises student publications. (You can read the extremely shady history of the Publications Board here.) Right now, the very administrators upon whom the Central Circuit is supposed to be keeping watch have direct oversight authority over the Circuit, which is a near-literal instance of foxes guarding a hen-house. The only thing that can protect a free and independent student press at Seattle Central is public pressure, which comes directly from readers like you.
- RT @UR_Ninja: As of today, tree-sitter “Nutty” has been in the monopod blocking an access road for the Mountain Valley Pipeline for 30 days… 41 minutes ago
- RT @ProPublica: Last May, a member of the Quinault Indian Nation was crushed under the wheels of a truck in Washington State. A white man w… 6 hours ago
- RT @SeattleTRU: How much would your business pay under the business tax legislation being considered by the Seattle City Council? Use this… 6 hours ago
- Beacon Hill real estate stats, in a realtor mailer https://t.co/kANkxksOr3 6 hours ago
- RT @heidigroover: It’s expensive to be poor. thestranger.com/features/2018/… 17 hours ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.