If you’re connected to Seattle Central Community College in any way, please sign this petition demanding that its President assign a neutral faculty as chair of the Publications Board which supervises student publications. (You can read the extremely shady history of the Publications Board here.) Right now, the very administrators upon whom the Central Circuit is supposed to be keeping watch have direct oversight authority over the Circuit, which is a near-literal instance of foxes guarding a hen-house. The only thing that can protect a free and independent student press at Seattle Central is public pressure, which comes directly from readers like you.
- RT @BrentNYT: "Legal Lynching": The African-American civil rights attorney Bryan Stevenson on the terror of facing death by cop. https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @ajplus: This Border Patrol raid on a humanitarian aid camp shows how enforcement is changing in the southern Arizona desert. https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @Evan_McMullin: Some of us are so politically polarized that even the suggestion of civility inspires anger. 1 day ago
- RT @AriBerman: Sunday is 4th anniversary of Supreme Court decision gutting Voting Rights Act. Here’s what’s happened since then https://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @UR_Ninja: Climate civil disobedience action has occupied & shut down large coal facility at the Port of #Amsterdam https://t.co/PyHaKl7… 1 day ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.