If you’re connected to Seattle Central Community College in any way, please sign this petition demanding that its President assign a neutral faculty as chair of the Publications Board which supervises student publications. (You can read the extremely shady history of the Publications Board here.) Right now, the very administrators upon whom the Central Circuit is supposed to be keeping watch have direct oversight authority over the Circuit, which is a near-literal instance of foxes guarding a hen-house. The only thing that can protect a free and independent student press at Seattle Central is public pressure, which comes directly from readers like you.
- RT @abowersock: Travis Thompson, Housing For All: 64 people have died from conditions of homelessness, this year #StopTheSweeps #peoplesbu… 36 minutes ago
- RT @MLorenaGonzalez: I support safe consumption sites! This budget cycle, I am a lead sponsor to allocate $2 million dollars towards a site… 56 minutes ago
- RT @WardDPatrick: President George W Bush in NYC: "We've seen nationalism distorted into nativism...we need to recall and recover our own i… 1 hour ago
- RT @KromanDavid: .@seattleweekly will undergo dramatic restructuring. It will, for all purposes, no longer be an alt-weekly. https://t.co/… 1 hour ago
- RT @ProPublica: Who are the white supremacists assaulting people at rallies in Berkeley, Charlottesville and Huntington Beach? We found som… 9 hours ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.