At last night’s protest (initiated by news that Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot Michael Brown, would not be tried for the death), hundreds of protesters tried to march onto the highway to stop traffic. A handful later succeeded entering the freeway and stopping traffic, but first, police used flash bang grenades, pepper spray, and Centurion-like bike-shoving to move the crowd back.
- RT @ProPublica: Who are the white supremacists assaulting people at rallies in Berkeley, Charlottesville and Huntington Beach? We found som… 5 hours ago
- RT @CMHarrisTalley: Sometimes we have to create new options. How the "Power of Public" & the HOMES proposal address homelessness: https://t… 5 hours ago
- RT @transparenttim: I got use of force data per seattleweekly.com/news/county-wa… drive.google.com/open?id=0B1eJb… @CaseyJaywork 9 hours ago
- More compelling, empathetic arguments from opponents of supervised consumption sites https://t.co/91M9clV1js 1 day ago
- Why I’ve Started to Fear My Fellow Social Justice Activists yesmagazine.org/people-power/w… via @yesmagazine 1 day ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.