At last night’s protest (initiated by news that Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot Michael Brown, would not be tried for the death), hundreds of protesters tried to march onto the highway to stop traffic. A handful later succeeded entering the freeway and stopping traffic, but first, police used flash bang grenades, pepper spray, and Centurion-like bike-shoving to move the crowd back.
- RT @bykenarmstrong: A "four-decades-long failed experiment," prosecutor Dan Satterberg calls the death penalty, saying Washington's law "is… 18 hours ago
- RT @jseattle: Now that’s a crowd #seawomensmarch https://t.co/y9eZqG9ild 2 days ago
- RT @Olystand: Olympia Stand 3.0? When will it happen? They are still shipping fracking proppants out of the Port of Olympia. Are you ready… 2 days ago
- RT @HayatNorimine: Can ICE come to the Women’s March? A quick guide to sensitive locations and how advocates protect undocumented immigrant… 2 days ago
- RT @ajplus: BREAKING: Democrats in Congress blocked passage of a last-minute spending bill to keep the government open. At midnight EST the… 2 days ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.