At last night’s protest (initiated by news that Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot Michael Brown, would not be tried for the death), hundreds of protesters tried to march onto the highway to stop traffic. A handful later succeeded entering the freeway and stopping traffic, but first, police used flash bang grenades, pepper spray, and Centurion-like bike-shoving to move the crowd back.
- RT @BrentNYT: "Legal Lynching": The African-American civil rights attorney Bryan Stevenson on the terror of facing death by cop. https://t.… 14 hours ago
- RT @ajplus: This Border Patrol raid on a humanitarian aid camp shows how enforcement is changing in the southern Arizona desert. https://t.… 14 hours ago
- RT @Evan_McMullin: Some of us are so politically polarized that even the suggestion of civility inspires anger. 21 hours ago
- RT @AriBerman: Sunday is 4th anniversary of Supreme Court decision gutting Voting Rights Act. Here’s what’s happened since then https://t.c… 21 hours ago
- RT @UR_Ninja: Climate civil disobedience action has occupied & shut down large coal facility at the Port of #Amsterdam https://t.co/PyHaKl7… 21 hours ago
© Casey Jaywork, 2015.
All rights reserved.
Excerpts from this blog may be used without prior permission from its author, provided that full and clear credit is given (including a link to the original content).
Opinions expressed on this blog reflect my own views, not the stance of any institution with which I may be affiliated.